Toowoomba Real Estate - Highfields Real Estate - Newtown Real Estate - Kleinton Real Estate - Glenvale Real Estate
| Your local trusted real estate
Call Us: 07 4632 6279

Tenant Services

Tenant Services

Application for Tenancy
An application form must be completed when applying to rent a property. The Application Form must be accompanied by identification (drivers licence, a passport, an 18 plus card or a birth certificate). proof of current address (a statement from a bank, Telstra etc addressed to you at current address) 

Rental Payments
Unless other arrangements are made, rent under your Residential Tenancy Agreement will be payable in advance weekly, fortnightly or monthly. If at any time you are unable to make a rental payment or before the due date, please make immediate contact with your Property Manager. This will help to keep a good tenancy history

Method of Payment

Payments are by Direct Debit

Bond and first two weeks rent are payable by direct debit to our account. A receipt will be emailed once your funds appear in this account.

Rental Bond
Your rental bond will be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Authority. The bond is held as security against any damage or undue wear and tear. The bond will be refunded promptly after you vacate, provided the property is left in as close as possible the same condition as when the Residential Tenancy Agreement commenced (allowing for fair wear and tear) and there are no other monies owing.

Periodic Inspections
During the course of your tenancy, the premises will be inspected periodically by Highfields Country & Toowoomba Real Estate Pty Ltd after 7 days notice has been given to you. This will generally take place three months after you move in and again six months later. Our office will contact you in advance to let you know what date the inspection will be happening. Keys
Keys will be handed to you at the commencement of the tenancy and a photocopy of the keys will be signed by you to indicate acceptance. At the end of the tenancy all keys shown on the photocopy must be returned.

Highfields Country Real Estate Pty Ltd retains a duplicate key to all properties for emergency access. Provided identification is produced these keys can be borrowed during office hours but must be returned within twenty-four (24) hours. Should you require keys out of office hours a fee will be payable. It is therefore advisable that you make private arrangements regarding the location of a spare key, should you inadvertently lock yourself out.

Locks may be changed, after first obtaining permission from
Highfields Country Real Estate Pty Ltd or the owner, on the strict understanding that you supply Highfields Country & Toowoomba Real Estate Pty Ltd with a spare set of keys. It is in your best interests to ensure that we have access to your property in case of emergency.

We strongly urge you to insure your personal possessions against any loss, damage or theft. The owner has no obligation to insure your personal belongings.

Water Usage (if applicable)
Any water use to be paid to the same account as your rent payments once we have sent you the invoice for this.

Electricity, Gas and Telephone

It is each tenant's responsibility to have the appropriate account placed in his or her names and then to arrange to have a meter reading, prior to vacating the premises. The following are contact number for these authorities.

Repairs and Maintenance

You may also request repairs via a phone call to 0488 091 888 or vis sms or email.

All repairs are attended to as promptly as possible, however it is often necessary to obtain the owner's approval and/or quotes before any work can commence and this can cause a delay.

If arrangements regarding access for any tradespeople are not kept by you, any service charge for calling the tradesperson will be automatically passed to you for payment.

Where you rent a house, terrace or a semi-detached cottage, the upkeep of the gardens and grounds are your responsibility.

Termination of the Tenancy Agreement

Your Residential Tenancy Agreement is a legal and binding contract, providing protection for both you and the owner.

You can terminate the Residential Tenancy Agreement in the following ways: -
� If you intend to vacate at the end of your lease you are required to give fourteen (14) days written notice prior to the expiry of the fixed term of your Agreement
� If you are on a periodic lease written notice must be given fourteen (14) days prior to vacating.

If, however, unforseen circumstances arise and you have to vacate prior to the expiration of your Residential Tenancy Agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately and we will endeavour to find another suitable tenant. You will still be responsible for the rent until another suitable tenant is found, as well as the payment of any of the owner's reletting expenses such as a letting fee and advertising costs.